Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tugging at my Heart

We took a day trip last week to a play place and the beach. We had a nice time and the kids had a blast playing and walking in the water. They didn't want to leave! It's so nice to be able to get away if only for a day. I needed it and so enjoyed it myself.
My heart has been so burdened lately. My children it seems are constantly arguing and fussing. The selfish behaviors are extreme. I have been trying to find the source. Well, I know the source of selfishness is sin, but I guess I was looking more at myself to see where I was teaching them wrong.
My heart has been convicted of my own selfish attitudes and actions toward my children. I realized that they are probably getting a bad example by looking at me. I'm not perfect by any means and I had to confess my sin to the Lord.
This morning before we started our lessons we had a time of individually talking through these things and I explained to them where this begins. Restoration is a wonderful thing! Even though I don't like seeing my own faults, I must as a Christian, turn from my evil ways and seek the Lord to help me and forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment