Friday, August 20, 2010
Make Your Own Play Dough
Our play dough stash was in need of some help so instead of pulling out some cash, I decided to try my hand at making it myself. The kiddos were very excited and I let them each pick which color to make.
I have these moments every now and then where I try to do fun stuff without getting stressed out about messes. I am trying my best to make these moments more common.
Yes, play dough is a mess to make-especially when you let the kids do most of it themselves, but it was worth it.
My 8 year old girl and 6 year old boy had fun stirring it and putting in the food color. They had flour everywhere (translation- fun for them!)
We made 4 colors. My two year old had to make lella (translation: yellow) since it's her new favorite color. Her 4 year old sister wanted to make red, but it turned out pink (she really loved the color anyway). The older two made blue and green.
The mess turned into lots of fun for everyone- even me. I sat and made some shapes with them, too. We got out the cookie cutters and enjoyed ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment