Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Spilled Milk

Yesterday morning began with spilled milk at breakfast-not once, but 3 times by the same child! Yikes! Can I go back to bed and start over? I thought about going back to bed and letting the kids go play. I really didn't do that or even seriously consider that, but it did cross my mind. I was determined to press on and not let a small slip of the fingers determine how my day or my child's day would go. We continued on and I even let them play with play dough. I am trying to follow the leadership of my Lord and not allow myself to get caught up with selfish desires or thoughts. My job is to train and teach, not put down and demean. 1 Peter 1: 5-9 " And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind and cannot see far off and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." What a wonderful reminder of where these things come from. It is not from within ourselves or any of that psycho babble you hear from the world. It is from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment