Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Homemade" Doughnuts

When I was a child my mom used to make these for my brothers and I. I have great memories of trying to put as much powdered sugar on them as I could get :)

Now I will tell you upfront that these are not healthy, but I guess doughnuts couldn't possibly be healthy anyway.

***First, you take a can of whop 'em biscuit dough (any brand will do I suppose). I've used name brand and store brand.

***Next, you whop 'em on the counter to open, ha ha!!

***Then, you heat some oil in a skillet. I use canola oil in a small skillet- probably about 1 inch of oil. I don't measure this!

***Take the biscuits apart and flatten them.

***Then use a small biscuit cutter or you could use some kind of small bottle top to make a whole in the flattened biscuit. This will be your doughnut hole.

***When the oil is hot, you're ready to go. Place several biscuits in the hot oil.

***Do not walk away!!! These cook quickly! Turn when brown and wait a minute or so. Take those out and place on a plate with several layers of paper towels to soak up some of the grease.

***Add some more biscuits to the oil. Continue until all are cooked.

***Sprinkle some(or lots if you're like me) powdered sugar on them and put them on the table and watch them disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment