Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Krayon Keeper- Great Gift Idea!

A few years ago I found this website http://www.girlythingsbows.com/
while researching how to make bows. They have lots of super cute "free" tutorials on making bows, hair accessories, bow holders, clips, and of course, Krayon Keepers.

These can also be called crayon rolls. They roll up and you just use a button and ribbon for the closure or you can use two ribbons and tie it together.



When I give this as a gift I like to put new crayons in it. I guess you wouldn't have to even put any in it, but new crayons are so much fun.


And now is a great time to stock up on crayons. They usually run them very cheap in the "Back to School" sales. I usually stock up and buy enough to last me until next year's sales.


These are such cute little gifts paired with a coloring book. My children love to give them to friends on their birthdays. I have made some for boys, too. I just forgot to take a picture :(

Also, if you have an older child that you think wouldn't want one there are ideas around the internet to make art rolls- changing the size to accommodate colored pencils. I've been wanting to try it, but haven't taken the time. Maybe that will be my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment