Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I am back from my trip with my husband and I'm glad to be home. It's always nice to go away, but it's nice to be home, too! I've enjoyed our summer so far. I've been trying to get my house in better order. It seems like there's never time with school and regular housework. So I've tried to take time this summer while we're on break from school and work on it. The children have enjoyed swimming in the little pool in the backyard and one day they enjoyed getting sprayed with the waterhose.

I've also enjoyed making a few things. I finished up two aprons- one for me and the other for a gift. I made three t-shirt dresses. They turned out cute(at least I think so!) I'd always wanted to try those, but never took the time.

I found several tutorials and combined them to make this dress.

I also found a cute tutorial on making 4th of July t-shirts. I bought some plain white t-shirts for the children about a year ago and never did anything with them. I think they were 80 cents each! When I saw this I knew this is what I wanted to do since I've been wanting to try my hand appliqueing (sp?) Check this out:

http://ourcozynest.blogspot.com

I'll post some pics later today of the shirts and the cute bows I made for my girls to wear with them. I'm having so much fun making bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment