Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cloth Napkins

Have you ever thought about trying to use cloth napkins instead of paper ones? I've thought about it many times, but never thought it'd work or save much money so I didn't try it. But I kept reading and hearing about how much people spend on paper products and decided I'd try for a few days. While at a yard sale a while back, I found a pack of 4 cloth napkins. I bought them for $1. Well, would you believe - the kids think it's wonderful to use them and each person usually only uses one for the whole day. I am going to make a few more from scraps of fabric I have and hopefully, the only time we'll use a napkin is if they're all dirty. **By the way, if you're thinking that it will require too much laundry it's just not true. All I do is throw them in the wash with the towels and it doesn't require any more work.

1 comment:

  1. I should do this too. My husband usually grabs for a dishtowel instead of a napkin anyway, so a lot of times we just use washcloths for napkins.

    ReplyDelete