Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy weekend and summer project progress

Well, we're back from my brother's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful! We are tired, but glad to be home. It was busy, busy!
Now about our progress for my summer project list. We're still working on Psalm 1. My oldest has it memorized. My son can say it all with a little help from me. My 3 year old also knows it pretty well. It's amazing to me that a 3 year old can memorize so quickly. She knows the first 3 verses well and can say a little more with help from me. I'm still working on it, but can say a good bit from memory.
Last week my oldest daughter and I worked on a cute skirt. She really wants me to teach her how to sew. She's a very eager learner, but I'm trying to go slowly with her. I showed her how to cut out a pattern and press the fabric, etc. She just watched, but I want her to see what goes into putting something together. She was ready to go play after she realized it took a long time to get that part done. I showed her a little more and then she came and watched part of the sewing process. She was so excited to see her skirt finished. Hopefully, this week we're gonna make a couple of doll skirts together.
We're not doing as much reading as I wanted to this summer, but I'm reading to them most every night and they read books throughout the week. It's hard to believe there's only a few weeks left of summer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment