Friday, March 13, 2009
My Treasure Hunt
I am a treasure hunter. I grew up in a family that was always having to scrimp for what we had so I don't mind a bargain. I used to be ashamed of it, but now I am thankful for it.
One of my favorite things to do is find a good yard sale. With four small children, it's not practical to run all over town checking out each house and not finding anything. My favorites are the church/school yard sales and neighborhood sales. Those are usually the best places to grab a great deal anyway because they're trying to raise money or basically get rid of it.
Last weekend, I went to a school sale and actually didn't get to go until about 10:30 and it was to be over at 11:00. Sometimes that can be a good thing and that was definitely the case that day. When I walked in they announced that you could buy a grocery sack for $5 and fill it up with anything you could fit in. I was excited and began to find all kinds of treasures to fill up my bag. It didn't take long to fill it up and then I continued to find more stuff. I found books and clothes for the kids and a few things for me. I wondered how much the extra stuff would be since it looked like it could fill up another bag. When I got to the front, the guy said that all the other stuff would be $2. I was so excited! All together I'd found: 2 pairs of overalls (Gap), 6 children's books, 1 sweater, 1 pair of khaki's, 2 nice dressy tops for me for church, 1 skirt, 1 cute little bag, 1 Christmas pillow, 2 casual shirts for me, 1 pair of shorts for hubby, 1 coloring book for my son, 1 nice pair of jeans, and several other odds and ends. All that for $7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment