Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Making your own pinata

Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood hosts Frugal Fridays and I always enjoy reading them, but this is my first time to post one.
I'd always wanted to try making our own pinatas. I figured that it can't be that hard. I remember making them in Spanish class in high school and having so much fun. I thought it'd be fun for the kids to help with and we'd save a bunch (about $15) rather than buying a store bought one. I found this site and we got busy.
It was fun, but a little messy. Hey, we even did ours inside. I just laid newspaper all over the table and hung up the pinata on the ceiling fan. It did spin around some, so I'm sure there's a better way. :) Maybe next time we'll try it outside.
We used crepe paper and fringed the ends about halfway and then glued it around, alternating colors. It might not win any contests for pretties pinata, but it works and the kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment