Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blueberry Pickin'

It's blueberry picking time down south! We love blueberries at our house- well, most of us anyway!
A few weeks ago the kids and I went with our homeschool group to pick blueberries. We set off with the bottled water, sunscreen and hats- all ready to conquer the heat. On the way there it started raining. I was disappointed because I really wanted some blueberries. It didn't last long, but there was a bonus to our little shower and sprinkles- it cooled the temperature down and therefore we didn't burn up while out picking- yah!
We had a great time! My 7 year old picked as many as I did. I finally had to tell them to stop because I couldn't get more than a bucket. We enjoyed eating blueberries for a few days and will enjoy them later as I put up a few bags in the freezer.
Kayla and one of her friends found this bird's nest in one of the bushes. She was so excited to find this since we studied about birds this year.

1 comment:

  1. yay, Blueberries! We're going picking next week and I think I'm more excited than my kids!

    ReplyDelete