Saturday, January 3, 2009
A New Year
I always enjoy beginning a new year because it gives me a chance to start fresh with different areas of my life. There are several goals I have for this year: read and study my Bible more, develop a better prayer life, read more books, get things organized, focus on serving my husband and children with a servant's heart, and walking at least 3 times a week.
I guess I'm being optimistic with all those goals, but if you don't have any goals you'll never reach them, right? I think getting organized and exercising have been my goals for 3 or 4 years. I'm doing so much better with organizing, but the exercising hasn't developed into a habit. This is the year I hope to reach my goals. Hopefully, I'll look back at 2009 and say that I've at least improved on each of those things.
I have some books that I am planning to read this year. They are:
1. Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free (Currently reading-Excellent)
Nancy Leigh DeMoss
2. A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael
Elisabeth Elliot
3. The Redemption of Sarah Cain
Beverly Lewis
4. A Wife After God's Own Heart
Elizabeth George
5. The Duggars: 20 and counting (I don't have this one yet, but would like to see if it's in the
library.)
6. Jon and Kate Plus 8 (I read this a few weeks ago.) Good read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment