Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Week til Christmas

Have you noticed the craziness? The kids and I ventured to the store yesterday and I was amazed at the traffic and volume of people everywhere. Everybody is running around trying to buy that last present or get food for that party, etc. All that is why I try to have my shopping msotly done by Dec. 1. Of course it doesn't always happen, but, hey, at least I have a goal :) Silas bought the board game Sorry with his birthday money. I taught he and Kayla how to play this morning after we did our school work. I think they are hooked now. They really enjoyed it. Kayla won so Silas wanted to play it again so he could win. It was one of my favorite games to play growing up. Maybe we can all play and still get along. Michael and I are both very competitive so they get it naturally. As I was typing this post Holly, 2, who was supposed to be napping walked in here and stood by me. I told her to go back and take her nap. I smelled something and noticed something in her hair. I said what is that? She said watermelon. I asked her where she got it and she showed me her sister's lotion that she found. Apparently she'd tasted some of it and rubbed it all over herself. She immediately said, "it's yucky!" Well, at least she realized that. If there's something to get into she's the one that's going to do it. That little girl keeps me very busy that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment