Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Update on our Summer
We've been fairly busy all summer here. We have enjoyed some veggies from our garden. I pulled a muscle in my back so I didn't get to do much of the picking, but was able to help out shelling, putting up, etc. We took a two month break from school work and started back two weeks ago. We like to start early so that we can take breaks when necessary. I'm thinking of doing year-round schooling so that we could take off a few weeks here and there. Not sure yet- just in my mind.
Our Home School Curriculum:
We are doing My Father's World Creation to the Greeks. This is our 3rd year with MFW. We really enjoy it. We're using Singapore math for the 2nd year. For reading, I'm using living books that we already have, some from the library and ordered a few more.
It's going well so far. It's been challenging to keep my 2 1/2 and 4 year old occupied while I'm trying to work with the other 2, but I've tried to make a "schedule" of activities, reading, lessons for them. That's just so that I can be ready with things and not have to come up with something at the last minute. What's interesting is that for the past two days they've just played and didn't even ask to "do" anything. I try to read to them early in the day so that doesn't get put off. I feel that is very important for their development. Plus, my older children like to read to the younger ones, also.
I've tried so hard to be extra organized this year. It requires a little more planning for me, but it's well worth the extra time. Each day I make a list of all the assignments they are required to complete and then after they complete them they check it off. They seem to like to know what they're expected to do each day. It works for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment